Race Report :: 2006 Pilarcitos Bay Area Super Prestige Race 1
Race: Pilarcitos Bay Area Super Prestige :: Race 1
Category: M35+ A
Teammates: Ron G, Mike M
This course was the ying and yang of racing surfaces. Some really bumpy nasty dry dirt and grass to rattle all fillings from your mouth. And a schweet smooth and fast velodrome to rip up and practice your banked high speed turns. In between… well… there was something in between those two sections but I don’t recall.
Ok, play by play, here it goes:
- Bobble and crash to the left of me
- Bobble and crash to the right of me
- Punch through the middle
- Chase the group of 15 that missed the crash
- Bounce around the bumpy section
- Drop into the velodrome and rip it up
- Drop out of the velodrome
- Transition back to the dirt
- Repeat steps 5 through 9 for another 5 laps
That was hard.
I need to work on my intervals.
And I need to stop smiling so much while racing (thanks Jon S. for catching me goofing off!).